Stage spotlight, delight or plight?




a deep cry within my heart
my feet stood still before could I start
a scary thought within my mind
that left me numb, blank and blind
a miserable noise heard my ears
I shut 'em down and shed in tears

A shock was there in my hair
that feel was weird, solemn and rare
my tongue was cut and heart gloom
I jerk my hand and left the room

my name in headlines was all I wished before
well, I still got my treat, but 'twas sore
that day set an insane score
thy touchdown 'twas, but mine, a slip on the floor

those talks for me
still pinch my soul
I hear them till date
and it breaks me whole

"where I was", "when was it"
don't ask, it just that I quit
'cause if I share the full tale with you,
all we'll hear is "boooooooo...."

for I let ye know, I managed that time, but again can't I
I won't get up that stage to those stupid smiles
or I'll break anew for the same thing
alike that night, when I stopped to sing






Comments

  1. Nice idea, you have no stage fear, you are a very confident on stage, yet you understood the feelings and position of people who have stage fear, put yourself in their shoes & wrote the wonderful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well described the pity situation of a stage_o_fobic ... I m glad u r growing up as a good human being to understand the pain of others 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. I have no words to praise. How she described a situation is unmatched.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please spare a moment for your valuable comments..... suggestions are always welcome

It means a lot to me
ThanksπŸ˜ŠπŸ™

Goodreads

Mahika's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Beauty of the Moment
tagged: currently-reading
Unposted Letter
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Subscribe to the newsletter

newest content.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on social media