Broom not bloom




Once came in my way
a small helpless boy
with a broom in hand
Not a book or toy

Jeans rugged and old
His shirt had holes
Was in an uproar
A one less hope

Tiny little hands
Dull crying eyes
Screaming yet shut lips
Skin brittle and dry

Looked up to me
With a tear in his eye
He kept mum
But I heard his outcry

I was up in the bus
And in foot he stood
Willing to be like us
If he could!

I saw him for a while
Then my bus passed by
But he was still in my sight
And it made me realise

There are many out there
Alike as him
None to care,
Living near bins

I saw many others before
But never thought his way
A better life to them,
My only pray

The following day,
I searched him on street
For unknown reasons,
I wanted to meet

I couldn't do much,
I know!
He was just like us,
I wanted to show

I tried to help all I can
But my bad!
I never saw him again

Comments

  1. Each line of this poem justifies the condition of poor people these days..so well written mahika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you express but this is the truth ...when you should help..you are thinking..and when you go for help you have just missed the chance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well expressed the willfullness to help someone... This is one of the quality of a good human n I am happy u r growing with this feel in heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. what a thoughtful poem. Says so much about how sensitive and wise Mahika is. Very well put.. as if I could see the boy through her words. Great going, Mahika!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautifully described the the feeling for that little boy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I hope you all got the message which I want trying to convey.
    This poem is based on a real incident which happened with me. I believe that there're so many out there like that kid and we should help them in whatever way possible. Someone once told me "we live to eat and they eat to live"... What I mean to say is that we grab everything for our pleasure but they hardly have anything to help them survive on this planet!
    So I plead you to not be hesitant to share a tiny little piece of your pie! If we all contribute a bit, we can save many lives!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please spare a moment for your valuable comments..... suggestions are always welcome

It means a lot to me
ThanksπŸ˜ŠπŸ™

Goodreads

Mahika's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Beauty of the Moment
tagged: currently-reading
Unposted Letter
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Subscribe to the newsletter

newest content.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on social media