A truth from my weeping eyes!








Life was so much quaint when you didn't know how to drive,
had cement in your hands or know how to bribe
When plastic was unknown and forests were elite
When I was worshipped with a grace and not trodden under your feet

Oh, those days were good, when the dictionary had no words
Like war, hate, hurt, kill, or the ones that destroy me, "the Earth"
Now my face is turning pale, cause my colors- green and blue
Are vanishing away so quick, and it’s just because of you

You cut my leafy hands and put on them your builds
You loaded me with tons like you, and others you killed
Soon you started to hate each other, and called out for wars
Then technology had to come, just to build firewalls

You now have bullets in your heart, and greed in mind
Now there’s no place left, where peace I find
I liked you more when you all were human beings
You were then humane humans but now, just the dregs of zombies

I know you’ll hate the bitter truth, but today I say
you are not the same creature, the masterpiece I made
You still are my kid though, and I want you to be the best,
But it hurts me to see you crumbled in all the mess

I gave you everything I could,  but look what you did
Now everything you do is like an attempt to kill
Me, and if I die, you won’t survive a day
Cause there’s no science of yours, by which my twin can be made

Comments

  1. We should save earth. Hope people understand and act as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsomeee...❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep thoughts and well described the pain of our mother earth ... Keep going baby 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow mahika ...such a touching words.
    It looks like mother earth wrote the poem itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb work Mahika! This is great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done mahika
    Jst giving a few suggestions by modifying ur first quartet a bit
    Plz go through and let me know if u can appreciate the difference i want to highlight!
    Life was so much different when u didnt know how to drive
    Had cement in your hands or know how to bribe
    When Plastic was unknown and forests were elite
    I was worshipped and not trodden under your feet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much uncle. I really appreciate that you made these suggestions. Please keep advising me in the future as well. It will be my pleasure to have your guidance.
      Yes, I got your point and made the required changes. Feel free to have a look at it. ☺πŸ˜‡

      Regards,
      Mahik's

      Delete
  7. Thanks all for giving the poem a read. I hope you enjoyed the poem and you'll try to change the present condition.

    Regards,
    Mahik's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful expression...hope everyone can understand their responsibility..and our mother earth is as peaceful as it was earlier..also we can save something for our kids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent. Beautifully expressed. Keep going. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Very touching and very deep. Your vocabulary, flow, and imagery always blow me away. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweets! Love getting your comments.πŸ€—πŸ˜

      Delete
  11. Awesome. Beautifully concluded

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all should grow more n more trees....To save our mother Earth......Nicely described the pain of her...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your valuable words!

    Earth day should be celebrated no less than mother's day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please spare a moment for your valuable comments..... suggestions are always welcome

It means a lot to me
ThanksπŸ˜ŠπŸ™

Goodreads

Mahika's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Beauty of the Moment
tagged: currently-reading
Unposted Letter
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Subscribe to the newsletter

newest content.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on social media